Friday, May 11, 2012

Swicket Showers

Friday morning at the SWKT--formally known as the Spencer W. Kimball Tower, commonly pronounced "swicket." Go figure. Anyways, Friday morning found me there at about 6:45 AM, 45 minutes later than I had planned. Some eight hours earlier I had found myself locked outside of said building, on the phone begging the BYU Police to just let me in and grab the midterms that I was supposed to have graded and entered by last night. Alas, no mercy was granted--although what I was really asking for was justice, as the building was not supposed to be closed for another 25 minutes! So, I was stuck having to come early this morning to enter the grades in time for my professor to access them before the 9 AM class. I decided that while I was at it, I might as well have an adventure...

First, a picture of how I looked when I got to the TA office in the basement of the SWKT. Yep. Proof that even drop-dead gorgeous people like myself don't look so hot early in the morning:
What am I doing here?!
It took me a while to finish up with the midterms, but by 8 AM they were all turned in. Then the real fun began. Once upon a time in my freshman year of college, I had a review session in the SWKT and happened to find a shower in one of the girl's bathrooms. I thought that that was funny, and later put "shower in the SWKT" on my mental bucket list of things to do before graduating from college. Today was the day.

Turns out I forgot where exactly the shower was, so I awkwardly walked around a few floors and went up and down the elevator a couple of times before I found it: the Shower, found on the 11th floor of the 12-story building, where research posters entitled "Changes in the Cingulate in Acute Mild TBI Detectable with Diffusion Tensor Imaging and their Relation to Memory Function" and "Functional Neuroimaging Evidence for High Cognitive Effort on the Word Memory Test in the Absence of External Incentives" are pinned up on the walls next to the "Center for the Study of Elections and Democracy" research rooms. Yeah, actually I can see how those would go together.

I was quite tickled when I turned on the shower and there was hot water--I was a little nervous that I would have to shower cold. Turns out it was almost better than the shower in my apartment...maybe I should do this every day and save on my utility costs! Anyways, some proof:



I'm not the only one who's had this idea...

Been a while since I've had to use these to shower!


Rub-a-dub-dub? Don't think I've ever carried shampoo, etc. to school with me before...glad I had a car this time! This was seriously so exciting haha.



  
 Ok enough pictures of the shower, that's just weird.

Yep, it was quite a success--I only had one person come and give me a really strange look until she finally asked, "Did you actually shower in here?!" 
<--I was at about this stage in my getting ready when she walked in. Super attractive. Pretty sure I made her day.



I finished up my morning by finally eating some breakfast. Yep, I definitely brought instant oatmeal to school. It was delicious.
The packet even matches the bowl! Definitely planned that.

There are only two things I would do differently if I were to do this again. First of all, I wouldn't forget my belt...that made for some awkward inconveniences. Second, I would definitely consider singing "Baby It's Cold Outside"--maybe then some cute elf would start singing with me.
yeah maybe not...




7 comments:

  1. pahahahahahaha ooohh hannah. you made my day. That is an AWESOME story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks Alycia! Glad it made your day haha:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah banana. I. LOVE. YOU. HAHAHAHAHA you're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. hahaha glad you clarified that Sam, I had no idea who you were! why thank you, I LOVE YOU too! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow you are absolutely hilarious. Can you be my personal life story writer?? Yoke made mom laugh so hard. It was awesome. Wow I love your adventures!!! Lots of love and thanks for being AWESOME!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay, it was a success then! Haha thanks for reading it! love you!

      Delete