Monday, September 17, 2012

A Monday morning to remember. Or forget.

I haven't posted anything in a while. Yes, I am still alive. But after this morning, that's debatable.

First of all, I dreamt that I was running around without a shirt on. And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get one on. Awkward. And kind of stressful.

Then I overslept for an hour.

Then I realized...

We didn't have any hot water.
We didn't have any toilet paper.
We didn't have Internet.

When the Internet finally did connect, I made some quick changes to the assignment due at 8am, clicked print - and then forgot my ID card and couldn't actually print it. When we went over it in class, I realized we had probably done about 80% of it wrong.

On my way to school, I mentioned to Emily that I'd probably have a quiz. I did. Two of them, actually.

When we finally got to the top of the millions of stairs south of campus, Emily said, "I hate seeing people holding hands." Ahh, at times like these, the feeling is mutual.

Later I opened an online link to a homework submission - except, I opened the wrong one, the one I hadn't actually done yet. Since it was timed for 30 minutes, I had to quickly run through the homework assignment and submit my answers. And I couldn't discuss them with my teammate like I had planned to.

We forgot to submit our census. Which was due Saturday. Hopefully we don't get fined, or tracked down by the US government.

Ever read "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"? That's kind of what it felt like haha.

On the bright side, though, I had a very nice talk with my mom (as did Emily with her mom...haha what would we do without them?) and I had a great time at Women's Chorus practice. As one of our songs goes, "I know dark clouds will tower 'oer me, I know the way is rough and steep. But beauteous fields lie just before me, where God's redeemed their vigils keep."

My friends, we are going to get through this!





3 comments:

  1. Ahh hannah, I love you!!! Luckily, we all can relate to days like this. But good thing there are good days too :-). You're so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your day was super yuck. :( Come to my house and I will make you cinnamon rolls! (Seriously, you are coming around thanksgiving, right? I will cry if you don't.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm...that I might actually take you up on. I'll let you know! Thanks Sheri :)

      Delete