Sunday, September 30, 2012

oh happy day

Yesterday was one of those days that just filled my little heart with so much joy! And even though it's super late and I need to get to bed, I realized that I am already forgetting so much about yesterday that I thought I'd better document it before it completely goes away.

In reality, it wasn't that crazy of a day. Just a peaceful, smile-on-your-face kind of day :)

I took my last test of the first round of accounting midterms from 11:26 - 2:23 (exactly). It was a grueling 18-page test. But, walking out of that testing center was the best feeling, knowing I had finished a long week of tests. I went to Women's Chorus practice at 3 and had a good, hard practice, then walked home in the warm, beautiful early fall sunshine. Emily, Jordan, and I drove to Wyview, where we met up with a bunch of Emily's cousins for a tailgate party. It was so fun being with her family and just seeing the love everyone had for each other! Gosh I love families. Also food - we were fed Little Caesar's, root beer, chips and salsa, and the like. It was a great time.

Later I went for a run for the first time in about four weeks. It felt soooo good. I still surprise myself sometimes when I actually go for a run haha. But seriously. The early evening air was so perfect, and just the feeling of my body running and working felt great! I'm glad that I didn't take my iPod with me this time, because I was able to think and ponder about a lot of things while running. I felt like it was such a blessing to be able to just go out and run.

Afterwards, Emily and I went to the Provo Temple. Being there just made me so dang happy! I was sitting and waiting and just had a little grin on my face for no apparent reason. I loved seeing all our temple worker friends and watching everyone serve each other. Temples are so great. The Priesthood is so wonderful.The Church is so true!

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute! i'm glad a) you came. b) you came c) you came to the party and d) so glad you are my roommate and we went to the temple.

    and..... you are just great! :)

    ReplyDelete