Tuesday, September 3, 2013

clickety click click

Yokweh! (like Aloha, but Marshallese :) )

After getting caught in a rainstorm!

You know what today is? Click day number 2! That's so crazy. I don't really have the "I'm new" excuse anymore, I'm getting old! Did you know that over 50% of our mission is less than 6 months old? Poor Iowa haha! But thanks everyone for your emails, I just read them all and like usual, they warmed my little heart :)

I have a lot to say today, sorry in advance....

Yesterday (Labor Day) was so great! The weather was perfect, and we got a P-day even though we didn't get to email today, so we had more time to do other things. Our whole district came over to our house and we had leftover pulled pork from the ward party and a bunch of yummy sides that everyone contributed. The Thomas' (our senior couple) brought over Uno and taught us the "Thomas rules," which is basically like an "Ultimate Uno" game, and it was a blast. Then we went to the park and played volleyball, which was so fun! I'm really glad we got a district P-day because we just found out that Elder Jordan is being emergency transferred tomorrow. In the evening, we went to a Marshallese FHE at the park, and Sister Call and I taught a short lesson about the gift of the Holy Ghost. It felt really good. I love being able to teach and bear testimony because it really does strengthen my own testimony. And like I said before, it always makes me feel like I'm in Other Side of Heaven haha! Right before we left, one of the cute little boys, who's about 4, got my attention and pointed to a little girl who had cut her finger on a soda can. I had a bandaid in my purse, so I was able to get it out and put it on her finger, and the two of them promptly felt better and ran off to play again. It was super cute.

Speaking of the ward party, we had a "hoe-down" with the Dubuque 1st and 2nd wards and DeWitt branch on Friday! Right before we went there, Sister Call and I got caught in a random rainstorm and of course didn't have our raincoats. That was fun haha. The party was fun and we got to meet some nonmembers and get some potential investigators/referrals! YEAH! We also finally have a meal coordinator! YEEAAAHHHH! haha.

"Only in Iowa"

Labor Day Lunch (minus me, I'm taking the picture)


The other day while volunteering at Hills and Dales, there was a girl who always looks like she's on the verge of tears and doesn't verbally communicate at all. I didn't have anything to do, so I went and sat by her, and she just sat there and held/played with my hand while looking out the window. It was really sweet, and I just felt Heavenly Father's love for this girl, which was a cool experience.

I got a cute sidebag at a boutique! And it was only $20! And....it was probably only $20 because it really doesn't hold up all that well haha. So that's kind of annoying because I might have to get ANOTHER one, but I'm not worrying about it too much and will figure it out as I go. 

Last week was incredibly hot - schools got out early every day because they don't have A/C! Luckily, we had the car for the week - poor elders! But seriously, I feel like something's wrong with me sometimes, my back drips with sweat like no other, and Sister Call's doesn't ever do that! Haha it's gross! One night there was a HUGE thunderstorm, and our bedroom was lit up for about an hour or so from the lightning. It was crazy. 

Otherwise, life has been pretty good! I've been learning a lot from Nephi - count your blessings, go to the temple often, have complete trust and obedience in the Lord, don't waver in the face of criticism/opposition, etc. He's pretty rocking. Thanks for being my family, you all mean the world to me. Love you tons!!!!

Barloyuk! (see ya later)

Sister Whipple

No comments:

Post a Comment