Monday, May 12, 2014

when you have tons of people at church, there will probably be a tornado warning

toad we found while helping a sweet lady with her garden! 
Hi family!

This week has been good but crazy! We are grateful it's p-day haha. I don't know if I would have been able to get out of bed otherwise, with how we've been going to bed late and just going non-stop. But honestly I wouldn't want it any other way - I'd much rather be busy and exhausted than not busy! 



I mentioned this yesterday, but church yesterday was insane! (there's that word for ya Dad :) ) It was so sweet. Daniel spoke in Sacrament meeting, so his friends came. So many people came! It was so stressful making sure everyone was taken care of but it was exciting too. Then, in the middle of 2nd hour, there was a tornado warning and we all had to leave the classrooms and stand in the tiny hallway and just chill there while the rain and hail pelted down like crazy! I was really excited haha :) So many miracles though!

tornado warning time = party in the hallway! 
FHE this past week was awesome. We had a fire pit at a member's house, and 13 people came! Sis Browne and I did a lesson that was basically about the Anti-Nephi-Lehis and how we each have our own weapons of war that we have to give up to the Lord in order to be able to progress, so everyone wrote down one thing they need to give up and threw it in the fire. It was fun having Brother Bair there because he's an amazing teacher and asked really good questions to get people thinking, and then afterwards while people were eating s'mores and jamming out (A girl brought her ukulele and another brought out her guitar), Br. Bair, Sis Browne, and I each talked to a few of the students who needed some one-on-one. This week has been a little bit of a roller coaster, but that's what missions are like :) Oh but it was good talking to our friends. One of them told me that that lesson was exactly what she needed and was just super sweet :)

in front of Liberty Hall, JSIII's home...
we finally got an official tour last p-day,
which was fun :)
We did get one new investigator who's NOT leaving! She is almost 15. Her older brother got baptized several years ago and is super strong in the Church, and actually lives in Ames, where Sis Browne was serving! So in this roundabout way, she already knew Sis Browne, so when she got transferred here, the girl asked specifically for Sis Browne to teach her. She is so sweet and is really excited about learning about the Church. She's actually in the elders' area, but they're being really good sports about letting us teach her. We'll probably give one of our investigators to them to teach in return...not that we're just exchanging investigators haha but it would probably be better for them to teach him anyways.

We helped plant a garden this past week! that was fun, and we felt very Iowan :)
So Proud of myself, haha

I love you all! Thanks for being so supportive of me. Thanks for all of your examples of love and service. One of my favorite feelings in the world is to be able to testify to people of Heavenly Father's love and plan for them, and to actually see the change that that makes in them! 

"I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things." 

ain't that the truth. loves!

Love,
Sister Whipple
things are turning green again!

No comments:

Post a Comment